The future relies on history - A brief history of Erhardt+Leimer

The history of the technical development of webs run without controls into process controlled web guiding is the history of Erhardt+Leimer. Over more than nine decades, E+L has developed from a maker of industrial clocks and signal systems to a globally known, competent partner for system solutions on moving webs in the textile, paper, printing, packaging, corrugated cardboard, film, tire, rubber and non-woven fabrics industries. 

2016

ELBG Erhardt+Leimer Beteiligungsgesellschaft mbH is founded

2015

Erhardt+Leimer and AVT (Advanced Vision Technology), Israel form a strategic alliance

Erhardt+Leimer takes over the company Dr. Noll in Bad Kreuznach

Erhardt+Leimer has now 18 subsidiaries worldwide

2014

ELCARE Foundation is founded on the occasion of the 95th anniverary of Erhardt+Leimer GmbH

Erhardt+Leimer acquires the product line Theta Print of Theta System Elektronik GmbH

2009

Erhardt+Leimer celebrates its 90th company anniversary

2004

Erhardt+Leimer introduces itself as turn-key solution provider for the worldwide printing industry by supplying products for web guiding (ELGUIDER), web monitoring (ELSCAN) and web inspection (ELSIS)

2000

Erhardt+Leimer gets into the field of inspection and camera technology

1999

Dr. Michael Proeller becomes co-partner and CEO of the Erhardt+Leimer group of companies

1996

Dr. Michael Proeller, grandson of the company co-founder Albert Leimer, joins the Board of Directors of Erhardt+Leimer GmbH.

1995

A new digital technology called DCS is introduced as E+L standard control technology 

1986

Albert Leimer Foundation is created. Hannelore Leimer becomes Chairman. 


 

1977

Hannelore Leimer, daughter of Albert Leimer, becomes Chairman of the Board

1972

Albert Leimer dies. Erhardt+Leimer KG loses its founder and the textile machinery industry one of its outstanding post-war entrepreneurs.

1960

Business activities in the paper and film industries commence

1949

Development and manufacture of web guiding equipment to control webs in the textiles industry commence

1943

Albert Leimer becomes partner of Manfred Erhardt+Co. 

1935

Development and manufacture of precision made accessories for the textiles industry commence

1933

The firm's founder, Manfred Erhardt, dies

1925

Albert Leimer, an electrician mechanic, joins the company and sets up a precision mechanics workshop

1919

Founded by Manfred Erhardt, the company supplies and services industrial clocks and signal systems